Title: Implementing Dynamic Item Generation: Results and Lessons Learned
Speakers: Dr. David Foster, CEO at Caveon and Arthur Altman, Program Manager of Education Services at SailPoint Technologies
Dr. David Foster –
- CEO of Caveon
- Introduced online proctoring to the testing industry at ATP in 2006
- Responsible for certification testing at Novell from 1990-1997, introducing adaptive testing to a global IT audience, simulations-based testing, and several new item types.
- Recently introduced the security-centric item designs, DOMC and SmartItems.
- BS in Psychology and PhD in Experimental Psychology from Brigham Young University and postdoctoral fellowship from Florida State University.
Arthur Altman – Scoped, specified and stood up SailPoint Technologies Professional Certification Program from scratch, including:
- Business case for the program, detailed requirements, multi-year business plan
- Program policies and procedures
- Exam development methodology (decision to partner with Caveon)
- Program execution, including exam development
- Selection and implementation of enabling software and the needed integrations to sell exam enrollments, provide online proctoring, and transmit exam results to Identity University
- Beta testing with SailPoint partners and employees
B.Eng.(Hons.) Electrical Engineering, McGill University
MSEE (Computer Engineering), Carnegie-Mellon University
SM EE and SM Management, Mass. Inst. Of Technology (Sloan School)
Thursday, May 23rd 2019: 11:00am – 12:00pm CT